Sunday, January 4, 2009

wedding details - the veil

this is just another part of the mostly DIY wedding I had just to document the things I did for future reference. I wanted to make my own veil because just buying one would've come up to RM180 at least! of course it comes in the package if you'd opted for a studio package but we decided against that from the start.

firstly I browsed around the internet to get ideas, in the end I decided on a drop veil coz it was the easiest to make and looks sweet. we bought the white tulle material and the flower shaped lace from Jalan TAR in KL.

then we cut it into an oval, rounding off the edges after measuring and marking the lines with tailor's chalk.

cutting such a big piece of very delicate material wasn't easy as you can see! it wouldn't stay still and we needed weights on each corner.
then we tried it on to see if it fell correctly. we had to re-cut it a few times to get the length right.

it would've worked fine like this but i wanted to have lace edging on it so I got my mum to sew on 4 metres of lace to the edges.
then I sewed on a little comb to attach it to my hair with! that's it!

No comments: