Monday, January 19, 2009

poignant time

We'll be starting a new life soon. We're looking forward to it. We're not afraid although we know there may be much to fear. We are full of hope because we know the Lord directs our paths.

This is such an important time for me because it brings me back to 2005 when I first got back to malaysia. that was the lowest point in my whole life, every day I cried and cried and wanted to go back to australia. and so, for the last 3 years that was my goal-to get back there somehow. and now, after much waiting and suffering, finally, it's happening.

during those long years in malaysia the thought of australia was just so painful, it caused too much heartache to even think of it so i stuffed all memories of it into a drawer that i didn't open for years. i couldn't look at photos taken there without a painful stab at my heart.

but now...i can finally reopen that chapter.

No comments: